Friday, June 5, 2009

Why?

The world is full of Photography blogs.  I doubt anyone is really saying "What we need, besides world peace, is one more Photography Blog."  Anyone who has written a blog will tell you that it can consume your life.  I don't have the luxury of being consumed.  I have a job, a family and a couple of hobbies other than Photography.  So why do this?  I don't have just one reason so in order here they are:

1 - Most Photography blogs are meant for people with plenty - either plenty of money or plenty of time.  I would LOVE to have all the cool gadgets and tools, the f/2 18-300mm zoom and 20MP 1080p HD DSLR/Video camera.  I cant afford most of those.  And I would love to make all the "as good as" DIY stuff but I am short on time and skill.  So I have to pick and choose where to spend carefully, where to make quickly and when to figure out how to do without.  This blog is about Photography On A Budget - time and money.

2 - I think I have some things I could share and some things I could learn from you.  It always kills me when I see someone with some cool setup, technique or DIY solution and I either can't or wont ask them how they did it.

3 - I want to grow as a photographer myself and keeping this current and updated will force me to do that.

4 - I will admit it, I want fame an fortune!  This Blog is my ticket to easy street and free gear!  Come on, doesn't everyone dream about that?  I will have ads on here and paid links.  My goal it for 5 people I don't know to read and like my blog and for my blog revenue to pay for express shipping on one thing from Amazon.  Im reaching for the brass ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment