Friday, June 5, 2009

Essential facts

Some things you should know about me and some full disclosure by me.

I shoot with a Pentax K200D.  I don't hate Cannon or Nikon or Olympus or Sony.  I shoot Pentax because of familiarity and value (more on that later).  Our pictures are not stamped with our brand (yes, I know about EXIF data).  Its not the brand of camera but what you do with it.  So I will try to keep things brand neutral.  With one big exception.  If I am talking value for money, all things are not equal.  I know, value judgements are subjective.  Im not forcing anyone to do anything, just giving my opinion.

Im a Mac guy.  I don't hate Window/Intel machines or Linux machines.  I just prefer my Macintosh.  A lot.  So screen shots will be from my Mac unless it is a specific Windows program.  Yes, I own two Dell laptops.  But no Linux.  Sorry, just too old to learn one more OS.  That said, I will try as much as possible to be system agnostic but I may lapse into some Mac speak.  Its laziness not hate.

I wont recommend anything I don't use or try.  This might limit what I can write about but anything else would be dishonest.  I might recommend a site with a tip or project I didn't try but I will say so.  If I find something that is priced well but have no personal experience with it, I will say so.  Hmmm....let me qualify that too.  Updates to products I know well or are pretty close to something I have used may get recommended too.  If I have used lots of a certain brand of memory card, I have no problem recommending a size different from the one I actually own.

I own individual stock in Apple and I invest in two mutual funds - an S&P 500 index fund and a NASDAQ 100 index fund.  If I ever reach a position where my opinions can "move markets" I will divest.  

If I ever reach the point of companies sending me "loaner" equipment, I will say so.  

If I ever reach the point of companies paying me directly for ads, I will say so.

thats all I can think of for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment